Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My 72 Gallon Bowfront Saltwater Mixed Reef Aquarium

This a picture of the tank when it was first established in September 2006. The tank was at this time going through the cycling process. There was only some damsels and a starfish in it.


This picture was taken 6 months later in March 2007. It was well stocked and doing great!


This picture was taken another month after the previous one in April 2007. I added another 50 pounds of Fiji live rock to make it look fuller.

Then a couple weeks later I had a terrible parasite breakout, and it killed all the fish. I let the tank run empty for 6 weeks, then added a few fish. This picture was taken in June 2007. I also added a sump underneath, and added an overflow box with a return pump.

Here is a picture of the sump underneath the stand that serves as the filtration system. Inside is the skimmer and heater.


I took this picture on July 3, 2007. I added some aragonite to the bottom to bring back the white and cover up that shell. I also painted the overflow box and added a different painted PVC return diffuser

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your aquarium is beautiful. Sorry about that parasite ordeal. I have heard a lot about unwanted things hitching a ride on Fiji live rock. No Fiji rock for me. Thanks for posting these pictures,they are lovely.

Unknown said...

I was wondering how I could measure my tank to figure up the gl. size of my tank?

P.s. love the pictures keep them coming !

GaryB said...

hey I'm a new blogger my site is www.marinefishcare.com your site is very related to mine I thought it would be beneficial for both of us to do a blog link exchange. If you are interested please let me know.
Thank You
Gary